208 时间与日期

Time and Date 时间与日期

1. What's the date today? 
今天是几号?

还可以这样问日期:
Could you please tell me the date? 你能告诉我日期吗?
What day is it? 今天星期几?

看看日历才知道呢:
Let me check my calendar. 让我看看日历啊。

想一想啊:
Today? It's Sunday. 今天? 是星期天啊。

♦ calendar n. 日历

2. Today is Sunday, October 3rd. 
今天是星期天,10月3号。

以下几种说法有点儿像绕口令:
The date is Sunday, October 3rd. 日期是星期天,10月3号。
The date today is October 3rd, and it's a Sunday. 今天的日期是10月3号,还是星期天呢。
It's Sunday, October 3rd today. 今天是星期天,10月3号。

别人告诉你了,该表达谢意:
Okay, thank you. 好的,谢谢你。

3. What time is it? 
现在几点了?

询问别人时间:
Could I have the time? 能告诉我时间吗?
Do you know what time it is? 你知道现在是几点了吗?
Excuse me, what's the time? 打扰一下,现在几点了?
May I ask the time? 我可以问你现在几点吗?

对方会详细地告诉你:
My watch says it's a little past 4. But it tends to be slow. 我手表上是四点多一点,不过手表慢了。

♦ lend to 趋向,有.....的倾向。

4. It's 4:15. 
现在是四点一刻。

同一个时间的不同表达,
The time is a quarter after 4. 时间是四点一刻。
It's 15 minutes after 4. 现在是四点一刻。
It's a little past 4 o'clock. 现在是四点过一点。

直接说声谢谢:
Thank you very much. 多谢你啊。

♦ quarter n. 一刻钟,四分之一

5. The clock is three minutes slow. 
这表慢了3分钟。

手表上的时间对不对
The clock is three minutes behind 这表慢了3分钟。
The clock is three minutes fast. 这表快了3分钟。
My Watch always keeps good time. 我的表一向很准的。

我还不知道呢,多谢了:
Thanks for telling me. 谢谢你告诉我。

♦ keep good time(钟、表) 走得准

6. I work at 5. 
我五点上班。

言外之意就是让对方提醒你了:
Have to go to work at 5 o'clock. 我五点钟就得去上班了。
My shift starts at Today. 我今天是五点开始轮班。
I need to be at work by 5. 我五点种就要工作了。

给予建议:
You should set an alarm on your phone so you can leave on time. 你应该在手机上定一下闹钟,这样你才能准时走。

♦ shift n. 轮班,轮班工作时间
♦ set an alarm 定闹钟

7. I have classes tomorrow, but they end at noon. 
我明天有课,不过中午就结束了。

同样的表达:
My classes end at noon tomorrow. 我明天的课中午就结束了。
I have some classes tomorrow. They're over at noon, though. 我明天有课,不过中午就结束了。

那还有别的时间做其他的事:
We should do something afterwards. 那之后我们该做些事情啊。

还有半天自由支配的时间, 还不错:
That doesn't sound too bad. 那听起来还不是太坏。

Time and Date Conversation 对话

Debra: Where were you yesterday, man? 
黛布拉:伙计,你昨天在哪儿呢?

Kevin: What do you mean?
凯文:你什么意思?

Debra: I thought we were coming over at 4 o'dock.
黛布拉:我原以为我们4点钟就该过来了。

Kevin: Wait, what day is it? I thought it was Friday.
凯文:等等,今天星期几啊?我还以为是星期五呢?

Debra: Nah, it's Saturda. Do you have your days mixed up?
黛布拉:不是,今天星期六。你把日期搞混了吧?

Kevin: Yeah, I guess so. I'm really sorry I never came over.
凯文:哦,我想是的。真是对不起,我没有过来。

Debra: It's Okay. We can always hang out some other time.
黛布拉:没关系啦,我们改天可以出去的逛的。

Kevin: Sure, I just cancelled that doctor's appointment I had on the 5th. Do you want to hang out then?
凯文:当然了,我刚取消了5日和医生的预约,到时候你想出去進吗?

Debra: Sure, that works for me.
黛布拉:好啊,那个时间适合我。

Kevin: Alright. Sorry for not showing up yesterday.
凯文:好的。不好意思啊,昨天没有露面。

Debra: Don't worry about it. See you later. 
黛布拉:别放在心上,一会儿见。

♦ come over 过来, 顺便来访
♦ mix up 混淆
♦ some other time 改天,其它时间
♦ appointment n. 约定,预约

Leave a Comment