1209 工作压力

Work Pressure 工作压力

1. This job is getting really rough. 工作真的是越来越艰难了。

工作实在是太难了: 
This job is really starting to wear on me. 我开始对这份工作感到恼火了。 

不喜欢: 
I'm not liking the direction this job is headed. 我不喜欢这份工作的发展方向。 

考虑辞职: 
I think you should quit before it's too late. 我认为你应该趁现在还不太晚就辞职。 

坚持才能取得胜利啊: 
Stick in there! You'll be fine. 坚持下去!你会好的。

♦ rough adj, 艰难的,艰苦的 
♦ wear on 使烦躁不安,使恼火 
♦ stick in 放入,陷入,植入,附上

2. Today at work, I wasn't able to do all the stuff I had to do! 今天工作的时候,我无法完成我所有的工作任务!
完成当天的工作,难过:
I didn't even have enough time today to finish my work!我今天甚至没有足够的时间完成工作! 
Today sucked, I wasn't even able to finish all of my work. 今天真糟糕,我甚至没能完成所有的工作。 

安慰一下: 
Don't stress over it. There's always tomorrow. 不要压力太大了,总会有明天的。

3. My boss is such an asshole. 我老板真是个混蛋。

工作真多,老板太过分了:
God, my boss is really a jerk. 天哪,我老板真垃圾。
My boss Can be such a dick! 我老板真是个讨厌的家伙!
估计大多数老板都是如此:
I think most bosses are like that! 我想大部分老板都那样! 

说不定是好心,先冷静: 
Take it easy. He means well. I'm sure. 冷静点儿,我肯定他是出于好心。

♦ asshole n. 讨厌的人
♦ jerk n. 蠢人,古怪的人(俚语) 
♦ dick n. 家伙

4. It is very close to the deadline. 快到截止日期了。

截止日期快到了: 
So we must give an outline about it then. 我们到时必须要给出一个大纲了。 

真希望可以推后: 
Is there any way we can push back the deadline by a week? 有什么办法可以将截止日期推后一周吗? 

放心吧: 
We're on a pretty tight schedule, but we should be able to finish it just Con time. 我们已经安排得很紧凑了,但应该会按时完成工作的。 

♦ push back 把...向后推
 
5. How do you handle pressure? 你怎么处理压力?

要保持平衡:
The appropriate way to deal with stress is to make sure 1 have the correct balance between good stress and bad stress. 处理压力的恰当方法就是保持正面压力和负面压力之间的适当平衡。 

运动减压:
From a personal perspective, I manage stress by visiting the gym every evening. It's a great stress reducer. 从个人角度来说,我处理压力的方法就是每天晚上去健身房。这是很好的减压方法。 

分清轻重缓急: 
Prioritizing my responsibilities so that I have a clear idea of what needs to be done then. It has helped me effectively manage pressure on the job. 将职责的优先顺序排出来可以使我清楚知道应该做什 么,这帮助我有效地处理工作上的压力。


♦ appropriate adj. 适当的,相称的
♦ perspective [pa'spaktrv] n. 视角,观点;远景
♦ prioritize vt. 把...区分优先次序
♦ have a clear idea of 清楚知道

6. I don't know how much longer I can stand this. 我不知道我还能忍受多久。

好累,坚持不下去了:

I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. 我不知道我还能忍受多久。

辞职吧: 
I think you should quit now and get it over with. 我觉得你应该现在就辞职,把事情赶快解决了。

♦ hold out 坚持,不屈服 
get sth. over with 完成或结束必须要做的讨厌的事情
Work Pressure Conversation 对话

Kevin: Work is becoming impossible. 
凯文:工作越来越难以完成了。

Debra: Why is that? 
黛布拉:为什么?

Kevin: I have so many things to do. I'm so stressed out that it isn't even funny. 
凯文:我有太多的工作要做,我太累了,甚至觉得很没意思。

Debra: Well just chill out today, you have the day off。 
黛布拉:今天你休假,放松一下吧。

Kevin: Yeah, but all I can think about is the deadlines I need to meet. 
凯文:是的,但是我满脑子想的都是需要面对的截止日期。 

Debra: At work? 
黛布拉:工作上的?

Kevin: Yeah, I have to have the entire back room re-organized by Friday.
凯文:是的,截止到周五我得把整个里屋重新整理一下。

Debra: What else? 
黛布拉:还有其它的吗? 

Kevin: I need to come up with a new marketing scheme for our dairy products also.
凯文:我还要给我们的奶制品提出新的市场策划。 

Debra: It sounds to me like they're just using you, man.
黛布拉:听起来他们好像只是在利用你,哥们儿。 

Kevin: You think? 凯文:你这么想的吗?

Debra: Yeah man, I would quit if I were you.
黛布拉:是啊,如果我是你的话就辞职。

♦ be stressed out 饱受压力,紧张的 
♦ chill out 冷种下来,放松 
♦ have the day off 休假,不用工作 
♦ come up with 提出,想出,提供 
♦ scheme n. 计划,方案

Leave a Comment