1208 升职加薪

 

Promotion and Getting a Raise 升职加薪

1. Kevin, we'd like to talk to you about a promotion. 凯文,我们想跟你谈谈关于升职的事。

升职前的谈话:
I would like a chance to talk to you about being promoted. 我想找个机会跟你谈谈关于升职的事。 
Could we talk later? You're being considered for a promotion. 我们一会儿能聊一聊吗?我们正在考虑给你升职。 

好事啊,赶快答应:
Of course! Thank you so much! 当然可以!太感谢了!

promotion n. 提升,晋级

2. Does this promotion come with a raise? 这次升职后,工资会涨吗?

工资问题很关键:
Will also be receiving a raise? 我的工资也会涨吗? 
Will I be able to achieve a raise, also? 我的工资也会涨吗?

放心吧,肯定会的: 
Yes. We will discuss that later. 是的,我们稍后讨论此事。

得过一段时间燈:
Not at the present moment. 现在还不会。
♦ achieve vt. 完成,达到,实现

3. Your new responsibilities will mean more pay. 你的薪工作职责将带来更多的薪资。

升职意味着涨工资:
This promotion will increase your pay by quite a bit. 这次升职也会让你的工资有所提高。 
Your pay will be raised substantially. 你的工资也会大幅提高。

♦ substantially adv. 相当多,大幅度地

4. You're a great worker, and you deserve this. 你是一名优秀的员工,这是你应得的。

被老板赏识:
You're a fantastic worker, and we believe you will do well. 你是一名优秀的员工,我们相信你会做得很棒。 
We think you're the man for this job! 我们认为你是这份工作的合适人选!

表达信心: 
Thank you. I won't let you down! 

♦ fantastic adj. 极好的,难以置信的
♦ let sb. down 让某人失望

5. With the new promotion, you will be receiving a brand new company car! 鉴于你的升迁,公司将会给你配一辆新车!

业绩提升了,公司自然给出不错的福利: 
Along with the promotion, you will receive a set of keys to the store. 随着你的升迁,公司会给你一套店里的钥匙。 
This promotion also comes with a reserved parking space. 除了升职, 还会给你一个孩留的停车位。

真是太好了: 
Oh wow, thank you so much! 哇,太感谢你了! 
I'm so grateful! 真是太感谢了! 

♦ brand new 崭新的,全新的
6. Could you spare any time to talk about my current salary? 你能抽空跟我谈谈现在的工资问题吗?

想谈谈工资问题了:
May I Talk to you about my current salary? 我能和您谈谈我现在的工资问题吗? 

一般不会被拒绝,
Sure. What's wrong? 当然,怎么了?

7. Nowadays I almost can't make ends meet. 我现在几乎入不敷出了。

工资总是不涨:
I'm always unable to make ends meet. 我总是入不敷出。
My salary isn't enough to support the family. 我的工资不够我养家。

给你涨薪: 
In consideration of your contribution, I would like to give you a pay raise. 鉴于你的贡献,我决定给你加薪。 

考虑给你涨薪: 
Actually, you've made a good impression on me because you always keep your nose to the grindstone. I'll think this over and get back to you as Soon as possible, OK? 事实上,你给我的印象很好,因为你总是勤勤恳恳的工作。我考虑一下,尽快给你答复,可以吗? 


♦ consideration n. 体贴,关系
♦ contribution n. 贡献 
♦ grindstone n. 磨石,砂轮
♦ keep your nose to the grindstone 努力不懈

Promotion and Getting a Raise Conversation 对话

Carol: Kevin, we have good news! 
卡罗尔:凯文,有好消息!

Kevin: What's that? 
凯文:什么好消息?

Carol: You're up for a promotion!
卡罗尔:你要升职了!
Kevin: Really? But I just get started! 
凯文:真的?但是我才刚来!

Carol: Well you showed initiative and we could use someone like you in a manager position. 
卡罗尔:哦,你表现很积极,我们需要像你这样的人做经理。

Kevin: Well, I'm honored, really I am. 
凯文:哦,真是太荣幸了。

Carol: However, with a pay increase comes more responsibility.  
卡罗尔:但是,随着工资的上涨,工作职责也会更多。

Kevin: I Understand. 
凯文:我明白。

Carole: We have to try out some average duties from day to day to see if you can handle it before you get the job. 
卡罗尔:在你得到这份工作前我们会尝试每天给你加一些任务,看看你能不能处理好。 

Kevin Fair enough. Thank you very much!
凯文:这样很好,非常感谢你!

Carol: No problem. See you tomorrow. Kevin! 
卡罗尔:没什么,明天见,凯文!

♦ initiative n. 主动性,积极性
♦ responsibility n. 责任,职责,责任心

Leave a Comment