1203 上班第一天

 

First Day 上班第一天

1. Hello there, nice to meet you! 你好,见到你很高兴! 

上班第一天跟同事打招呼: 
Hi, nice to meet you. I'm new here. 你好,见到你很高兴,我是新来的。 
Nice to meet you. I'm the new guy! 见到你很高兴,我是新来的。

客套地回应: 
Nice to meet you too!见到你我也很高兴!

2. How do I do this properly? 这个我怎样做比较合适?

询问如何正确做某事: 
What's the correct way that I should be going about doing this? 做这个有什么正确的方法吗? 

给出建议: 
Just read this safety manual at first. 先读一下这份安全手册。

manual n. 手册

3. What would you like me to do? 你想要我做些什么?
询问自己具体的工作: 
What would you have me do today? 今天要我做些什么? 
What will I be doing today? 我今天要做些什么? 

给出一项具体的工作: 
Could you stack these boxes behind you? 能把你身后的那些箱子堆放到一起吗? 

stack vt. 堆放

4. Who do I talk to if I have a question? 如果我有问题跟谁讲呢?

有问题找谁解决:

Who should I let know if I need something? 如果我需要一些东西跟谁要呢? 

直接告知对方:
You can come to me, Carol, or any other employee. 你可以来找我,卡罗尔,或者其他员工。

5. When is our first paycheck? 我们什么时候发工资?

询问工资发放日期: 
Do you know when we'll be getting paid? 你知道我们什么时候发工资吗? 
I was curious when payday was? 我想知道什么时候 发工资? 

直接告知对方:
You will be paid in 6 weeks. 6周之后会给你发工资。 

我也不知道: 
I'm not sure. You'll have to ask your manager. 我不确定,你得问你们经理。 

♦ paycheck n. 工资支票

6. How long's your lunch break?我们午餐休息多长时间?

询问午餐时间: 
How long do we have for lunch? 我们有多久时间吃午饭?
告知时间:
An hour. 一个小时。
We have an hour long lunch break from 12 to 1. 12点到1点一个小时的午休时间。

7. Can I make personal phone calls during office hours? 在上班时间打私人电话吗?

如果公司允许打电话: 
Of course, you can. But don't chat over the phone. 当然可以,但是不要煲电话粥。 

如果不允许上班时间打电话: 
I am afraid you can't. 恐怕不行。

8. I am new to the whole working world and would appreciate your guidance. 我没有什么工作经验,请您多指教。

换一种说法:
This is my first day here. I may bother you a lot if there is something I don't understand 我今天第一天来上班,有什么不明白的艺要多麻烦您了。

First Day Conversation 对话

Kevin: Hey! I'm Kevin. 
凯文:嘿!我是凯文。 

Boss: Nice to meet you, Kevin, Today we'll just be introducing you to job duties. 
老板:很高兴见到你,凯文。今天 我们会给你介绍一下你的工作职责。 

Kevin: Sure, where do we start? 
凯文:好的,我们从那儿开始呢?

Boss: Well... 
老板:嗯...

(Boss explains job duties) 
(老板讲解工作职责) 

Boss. So we get you a uniform now. What size do you wear? 
老板:那么,我们现在发你一套工作制服。你穿多大号的? 

Kevin: I wear a medium。 
凯文:我穿中号的。







Boss: Alright, here you go. You can wear any kind of pants, just no jeans. 
老板:好的,给你。除了牛仔裤之外,你可以穿任何其他类型的裤子。 

Kevin: Alright, is there a policy against facial hair? 
凯文:好的,对胡须有什么规定吗?

Boss: No, just try to keep yourself clean cut and looking proper. 
老板:没有,只要保持干净得体就可以了。

Kevin: Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good day! 
凯文:好的,那明天见,祝您愉快!

Boss: You too
老板:也祝你愉快。

♦ uniform n. 制服
♦ medium adj. 中等的
♦ jeans n. 牛仔裤

Leave a Comment