1019 减肥

 

1. I think I'm gaining weight. 我觉得我长胖了。

感觉自己长胖了:
I feel like I've been gaining weight recently. 我感觉我最近一直在长胖。
I'm pretty sure l'm heavier than used to be. 我很肯定我比以前重了。 

客套安慰: 
It's not too bad, 还不是太糟啦。 

关心地询问:
Are you worried about it? 你很担心吗? 

给出建议: 
You should do something about it. 

♦ gain weight 增加体重

2. I really want to lose some weight. 我真的想減肥。

想要減肥:
I want to try and lose a few pounds. 我要争取减几磅。
I want to get a little thinner. 我想变瘦点。
I don't want to be this heavy anymore. I'll try and lose weight 想再这么胖了,我要试着减肥。 

主动提出帮助对方:
I'll help you out if you need it. 如果你需要,我会帮你。

你其实还好啦,不需要减肥: 
You don't need to lose weight. You're fine how you are. 你不需要减肥,你現在的体重正好。

3. What do you think about all the different diets people go on? 对于人们进行各种各样的节會你怎么看?

节食减肥也许有点效果: 
I think some may be effective. 我认为有些或许是有效果的。

没必要,节食会影响健康:
I don't think dieting is good. It's much better to eat a balanced diet. 我不认为节食有什么好处。均衡饮食要好得多。


♦ effective 有效的
♦ balanced diet 均衡饮食

4. I'm going on a diet. 我正在节食。

正在节食中: 
I started a new diet. 我开始了新一轮节食。
My diet is starting today. 我从今天开始节食。

祝对方好运: 
Good luck. 祝你好运。

让方量力而行: 
Try your best. 尽力而为。

♦ go on a diet 节食

5. I think my exercise and diet plan has been working. 我觉得我的运动和节食计划已经起作用了。

减肥有效: 
I think I'm losing weight. Thanks to my new diet and exercise plan. 我觉得我变轻了,多亏了我的新节食计划和运动计划。
I lost a little bit of weight so far, because of exercise and diet. 做运动和节食,到目前为止,我減了一点肥了。 

祝贺对方减肥取得成效:
That's great! Good job! 太好了!干得不错! 
I'm glad to hear that. 很高兴听到这个消息。

♦ thanks to 5, ht

6. I'm back down to my ideal weight. 我又回到我的理想体重了。

达到理想效果: 
I lost all the weight I wanted to lose. 我想减掉的体重都减掉了。
I lost the extra weight! 我减掉多余的体重了! 
My weight is back down to normal. 我的体重恢复正常了。

祝贺对方减肥成功: 
Congrats! Let's celebrate. 恭喜你!咱们庆祝一下。
Awesome! Good job, man! 真棒!干得好,伙计!

♦ congrats int. 恭喜

7. What should the obese do to lose weight? 太胖的人应该怎么减肥呢?

建议改变饮食习惯:
They need to change their diet habits and eat healthy foods. 他们需要改变饮食习惯,吃健康的食物。 

建议增加运动量:
They have to increase the amount of exercise they do every day. 他们必须增加每天的运动量。 

obese adj. 极为肥胖的

8. All those diet books and special foods are a racket. 所有那些减肥书和特效食品都是骗人的。

不要相信减肥药:
I used to try different health foods, but they didn't work. 我以前试了不同的保健食品,但是没有效果。
♦ racket n. 骗局
♦ health food 保健食品

Lose Weight Conversation 对话

Kevin: Sophie, can I ask you something? I want you to be honest.
凯文:索菲,能问你点事吗?你要老实回答我。

Sophie: Yeah, man. 
索菲:好的,伙计。 

Kevin: Do you think I'm gaining weight? I feel like I'm heavier than I used to be. 
凯文:你觉得我变胖了吗?我感觉我比以前重了。 

Sophie. Well, maybe a little. But it's no big deal.
索菲:嗯,可能有点。但没什么大不了的。

Kevin: I don't want it to get out of control, though. Maybe I should go on a diet.
凱文:但是我不想让我的体重失控。也许我应该减肥。

Sophie: Why don't we go to the gym too? I hear the gym in town has a pretty cheap membership plan.
索菲:为什么我们不一起去健身房呢?我听说市中心的健身房有一个特别便宜的会员计划。 

Kevin: That sounds cool. What days are you free?
凯文:听起来很不错。你哪几天有空呢?

Sophie: I'm usually free Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. Do you want to go then? 
索菲;我一般周一、周三和周五上午有空。你想去吗?

Kevin: Yeah, that sounds great. Thanks for doing this with me! 
凯文:好啊,听起来很不错。谢谢你和我一起去。

Sophie: No problem, man. Honestly I kind of want to lose a few pounds too. 
索菲:不客气,哥们儿。老实说, 我也有点想减掉几磅呢。

Kevin: Then let's make sure we stay on task. Doing this together should make it easier, right?
凯文:那我们就这么定了。两个人一起会更容易点,是吧?
Sophie: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Let's meet at the gym at 8 in the morning on Monday.
索菲:是啊,我也是这么想的。我们周一早上8点在健身房见。 

Kevin: Alright, I'll see you there.
凯文:好的,健身房见。

♦ out of control 失去控制
♦ It's no big deal. 没什么大不了的。 
♦ stay on 留下来继续(学习,工作等)

Leave a Comment