1012 秘密

 

Secret 秘密

1. I've got a secret. 我有一个秘密。

分享秘密: 
I have a secret to tell you. 我有一个秘密要告诉你。

是什么秘密:
What is it? 是什么?

2. Can I tell you something? 我能跟你说些事吗?

能不能和你分享秘密: 
Can I tell you something secret?
我能跟你说一件秘密的事吗? 

当然可以: 
Sure, what is it? 当然可以,是什么?

3. If I tell you this, you have to promise not to tell anyone. 如果我告诉你,你必须保证不告诉任何人。

一定要保密: 
If I tell you this, please don't repeat it. 如果我告诉你,请不要再说出去。

我会的: 
I won't. I promise. 我不会的,我保证。
4. Guess what I heard? You can't tell anyone though. 你猜我听说什么了? 不过你不能告诉任何人。

保守秘密:
I heard the craziest thing today but we have to keep it a secret. 我今天听说了最疯狂的事,但是我们得保守秘密。 
I heard the most insane rumor today, but please keep it to yourself. 我今天听说了最荒唐的语言,但是请你保守秘密。 

询问具体是什么事情: 
What is it!? 是什么?

♦ rumor n. 流言,谣言

5. No one needs to know about this. 没有人有必要知道这事。

不知道为好:
It won't hurt anyone if they don't know. 如果他们不知道,就不会受到伤害。

给予承诺: 
Alright...alright. I won't tell anyone. 好的......好的,我不会告诉任何人的。

6. Can this be our little secret? 这能成为我们之间的小秘密吗?

这只限于咱们之间:
Can you keep this between you and me? 你能保证这件事只有咱们俩知道吗? 

保证会保密: 
♦ Sure, I will, I promise. 当然,我会的,我保证。
♦ between you and me = between ourselves 只有我们俩知道

7. That was to be kept secret from the others but she let the cat out of the bag. 那件事本来应该对其他人保密的,但她却泄密了。
泄露秘密: 
She divulged the secret to a stranger when she was drunk. 她喝醉的时候把秘密告诉了一个陌生人。 : 


♦ let the cat out of the bag 泄露秘密
♦ divulge vt. 泄露

8. My lips are sealed. 我的嘴很紧的。

会保守秘密的: 
Don't worry. Your Secret is safe with me. 别担心,我会为你保守秘密的。
I won't tell anyone about your secret. 我不会把你的秘密告诉任何人的。

Secret Conversation 对话

Steve: Hey man, can tell you something? 
史蒂夫:嘿,哥们儿,我能跟你说一些事吗?

Kevin: Sure, what is it? 
凯文:当然了,什么事? 

Steve: You have to promise not to tell anyone.
史蒂夫:你得保证不告诉任何人。

Kevin: Alright, shoot. 
凯文:好的,说吧。 

Steve: I want to go out with Donna so bad. 
史蒂夫:我特别想和唐娜约会。 

Kevin: That's hardly a secret. 
凯文:那已经不算是秘密了。 

Steve: Is it really that noticeable? 
史蒂夫:那很明显吗? 

Kevin: Yes, yes, it is. 
凯文:是的,的确很明显。 

Steve: Well, that's awkward. 
史蒂夫:唉,好尴尬。 

Kevin: Don't worry about it. Everyone wants you two together, anyway. 
凯文:不用担心。反正大家都希望你们俩在一起。

Steve: Well, do you promise you won't tell anyone?
斯蒂夫:好吧,你保证不告诉其他人? 

Kevin: Relax, man. I promise.
凯文:放心吧,哥们儿。我保证。

Leave a Comment