Invitation and Reply 邀请与回应 1. What are you doing tomorrow? 你明天要干什么? 邀请的前奏: Are you doing anything tomorrow? 你明天有什么事情要做吗? Are you busy tomorrow? 你明天忙吗? 根据自己的具体安排回答即可: I'm free tomorrow. 我明天有空。 I'm not doing anything tomorrow. 我明天没什么事情要做。 I'm busy tomorrow. 我明天比较忙。 2. Would you like to come over? 你想过来吗? 还可以这样发出邀请: Do you Want to come over? 你想过来吗? Do you think you could come Over? 你觉得你能过来吗? I'd like it if you come over. 如果你过来我会很高兴的。 接受: Okay, I can come over. 我能过来。 模棱两可: I don't know if I want to. 我不知道我是不是想过来。 拒绝:
I can't. I have work I need to get done. 我过不来了,我有工作得做。 ♦ come over 过来, 顺便来访 3. Can you come to my party? 你能来我的聚会吗? 类似的邀请: Can you go to the movies? 你能去看场电影吗? Would you honor me by corning to the party tonight? 请你赏光出席今晚的聚会好吗? Could I have the pleasure of dancing with you? 能请你跳支舞吗? 欣然接受邀请: Sure. I'd love to. 当然,我很愿意。 拒绝并说明理由: I'd very much like to, but I've already had plans for tonight. 我很愿意去,但我今晚己另有安排。 I wish I could, but I've promised to show Tom around. 我希望能来,但我已答应带汤姆转转。 4. We can do something else instead. 我们可以做点其它事情。 邀请方可以建议做些事情: We can go out if you Want 如果你想的话我们可以出去。 We don't have to hang out at my place. We can go out. 我们不一定就在我这里呆着,我们可以出去。 We don't have to stay here if you want to go out instead. 我们不一定得在这儿待着,如果你想出去的话。 对方的意见: It's okay, we can just hang out at your place. 好的,我们就在你那里待一会儿吧。 Alright, we can go out and do something. 好的,我们可以出去干点事情。 5. May we have the pleasure of your company at dinner? 我们看以请您一起共进晚餐吗? 邀请做其他的事情: Would you be free to come to a concert on Saturday? 你星期六有时间去音乐会吗? We should be delighted if you could spend an evening with us. 如果你能同我们一起度过一个晚上,我们将非常高兴。 Shall we get together sometime? 咱们抽个时间聚聚怎样? 好啊,正中下怀: That would be a great idea. 那太好了。 ♦ get together 聚会, 聚集
6. I'd love to come over. 我想过来。 接受别人的 That sounds like fun. I'll be over soon. 听上去挺有意思,我一会儿过来。 Sure, I'll come over. 好的, 我会过来的。 I'll head over soon. 我一会儿就过来。 对方会很高兴地说: Okay, see you soon. 好的,一会儿见。 Talk to you soon. 一会儿聊。 7. I'm sorry, but I'm busy. 对不起,可是我很忙啊。 拒绝别人的邀请: I'm afraid I can't. 恐怕我不能来。 I have things to do. 我有事情要做。 I'm kind of busy Maybe later. 我有点忙,也许以后吧。 I'm busy right now. Sorry. 我现在很忙,抱歉。 I can't come over right now m busy. 我不能马上过来,我很忙。 I can't come over. I'm sorry. 我过不来,对不起啊。 对方也许会遗憾: It's okay, maybe another time. 好吧,那下次吧。 Don't worry; we can get together some other time. 没事儿,我们改天可以聚。 Let's do it another time then. 那咱们就改天吧。 Invitation and Reply Conversation 对话 Kevin: Hey, Debra. 凯文:嘿,黛布拉。
Debra: Hey, I got your invite to the party.
黛布拉:嘿,我收到你的派对邀请了。
Kevin: Awesome! Did you RSVP?
凱文:太好了!你回复了吗?
Debra: Yeah I did, it’s in the mail.
黛布拉:回复了,你要来我很高兴。
Kevin: Cool, I’m glad you’re coming.
凯文:太好了,你要来我很高兴。
Debra: Yeah, I asked a few friends and I guess they’re going to join me.
黛布拉:嗯, 我叫了几个朋友, 我想他们会和我一起来。
Kevin: Awesome. I can’t wait to see how it turns out!
凯文:好的,我都等不及想看看这派对会开得怎么样!
Debra: Me too. Who else do you invite?
黛布拉:我也是。你还邀请了谁?
Kevin: A few friends from high school I haven’t seen in a while.
凯文:高中的几个朋友, 我们都有一段时间没见面了。
Debra: Did they reply?
黛布拉:他们都回复了吗?
Kevin:No, but I’m not too worried if they don’t show up.
凯文:没有,但如果他们不来的话我也不会太伤心的。
Debra: Yeah, well at least you invited them.
黛布拉:是啊,至少你邀请过他们了。
♦ RSVP 回复,是法语,相当于英语的reply please。
♦ turn out 结果是