708 期望与失望

 

Promise and Disappointment 期望与失望

1. I've been really hopeful about it. 我对那件事一直抱有希望。

赶紧学习以下这些表达吧:
I've been optimistic about it. 我对此很乐观。
I've been hoping for the best. 我满怀希望。
I hope the best will happen. 我希望最好的事情会发生。

那就没什么可担心的了:
That's good. 那挺好。
I'm sure things will be great if you think so. 如果你那么认为的话我相信事情肯定会很好的。

2. I really think things went well. 我觉得事情进展得很不错。

同类意思不同表达:
I think things went really well. 我觉得事情进展得很不错。
I'm pretty sure it went well. 我非常肯定事情进展顺利。
It went great. 事情进展得很好。
It went very well. 事情进展得非常好。
听到好消息心里也是一种安慰:
That's good to hear. 很高兴听到这些。
Awesome. I hope it works out well for you. 太棒了,我希望这对你有好处。

3. I didn't get what I was expecting. 我没有达成所愿。

事与愿违:
I Wasn't expecting this. 我没有预料到这个。
I was hoping for better. 我希望的是更好的。
This is nothing like what I was expecting. 这和我所期待的一点儿都不一样。
I didn't want this at all. 我一点儿都不希望是这样。

心存疑虑:
Is it really that bad? 真有那么糟糕吗?
Are you disappointed about it? 你对此很失望?

♦ be disappointed about 对 失望,对……感到失望

4. I'm really disappointed 我真的很失望。

还可以这样表达失望,
I'm so disappointed. 我太失望了。
I'm very disappointed. 我特别失望。
That's so disappointing.那太令人失望了。
That's really disappointing.那真让人失望。
He led me on a wild-goose chase. 他让我白费了半天劲。

失望的结果总是令人遗憾:
I'm sorry to hear that. 听到这我很难过。
Oh well. What Can you do? 哦,是啊。你能做些什么呢?

5. I wish it was better than this. 我多么希望结果比这更好。

希望有时也会让人失望:
I wish it didn't disappoint me. 我希望这没让我失望。
I don't want it to be like this. 我可不想像这样。
I want it to be so much better than this. 我想的比这要好多了。
这都是不值当的事情:
There's no use in being upset about something you can't change. 为一些你没法改变的事情而烦心是没用的。
I know. I'm sorry it's not what you were hoping for. it. 我知道。我很抱歉,这不是你所希望的那样。

6. I think things will go better next time. 我觉得下次事情会更好。

对将来充满希望,
I hope things will go better in the future. 我希望将来事情会更好。
Hopefully things will be better in the future. 希望事情在将来能更好。
I really think things will be better in the future. 我真的觉得事情将来会更好。
Hopefully things will turn out better next time. 希望事情下次会变得更好。

大家的感觉都是一样的:
I think so too. 我也那么认为。
It's good to hear you being optimistic about it. 我很高兴你对此抱乐观态度。
I hope so. 希望如此。

7. I'm used to being disappointed. 我习惯失望了。

无数次的失望都快变成
Disappointment is common for me. 失望对我来说是很平常的事。
I'm usually disappointed. 我总是失望。
Things usually disappoint me.事情总是让我失望。

要看到光明的一面:
That's no way to think. 绝不要那么想。
Don't say that. You have plenty of things to look forward to. 别那么说。你有很多事情可以期待。

♦ look forward to 盼望,期待

Promise and Disappointment Conversation 对话

Kevin: Mom, I have bad news...
凯文:妈妈,我有不好的消息......

Mom: Oh no, what is it?
妈妈:哦,不会吧,是什么?

Kevin: I didn't get the job...
凯文:我没有得到那份工作......

Mom: Really? I thought they told you that you were the best person they had interviewed!
妈妈:是吗?我以为他们跟你说你是他们面试过的最好的人选呢!

Kevin: They did say that.
凯文:他们是那么说的......

Mom: Well I'm sorry, honey. That's really disappointing.
妈妈:哦,真遗憾,宝贝儿。那确实令人失望。

Kevin: I know...I guess I'll keep applying to places.
凯文:我知道……我想我会继续申请职位的。

Mom: Don't let it get you down too much.
妈妈:别太让这件事来烦扰你了。

Kevin: I'll try
凯文:我试试看。

Mom: Cheer up, hon. You'll get hired somewhere.
妈妈:振作点,宝贝儿。你总会在某个地方被雇佣的。

Kevin: I hope so.
凯文:希望如此吧。

Leave a Comment