810 毕业舞会

 

Graduation and Prom 毕业舞会

I. I love the end of a semester! 我喜欢学期末。

期末真好:
It's so nice to be at the end of the semester! 期末真好啊!

可以放假喽:
I Know! I Love it. 我知道!我喜欢期末。

♦ semester n. 学期

2. I hope did well this semester! 我希望这学期我学得不错。

总结这学期的表现:
Hopefully I did alright this semester. 希望这学期我干得还可以。

自己没有好好表现:
Well, I know I didn't.噢,我知道我没有好好干。

心里没底:
Me too. The anxiety is killing me. 我也是,我快担心死了。

3. Congratulations on graduating! 祝贺你毕业了!

随意一点地表扬:
Great job this semester! 这学期干得不错!
客套回应:
Thank you! 谢谢!

4. You can check your final grades online. 你可以在网上查期末成绩。

也可以直接说:
The final grades will be available online. 网上有期末成绩。

5. I hope my GPA is higher now 我希望我的平均成绩現在高一点了。

担心分数:
I really tried to get my GPA up. I hope it worked! 我真的努力提高平均成绩了,希望有效。

6. Would you have a dance with me? 你愿意和我跳支舞吗?

欣然同意:
Alright. 好的。

有约在先:
Sorry. I'm engaged for the social dance. 对不起,这支交谊舞我已经有约了。

engage vt. 预订

7. When does the ball begin? 舞会几点开始?

询问舞会时间:
What time does the dance begin? 舞会几点开始?

直接回答时间:
At O'clock. 七点。

如果你不知道:
Sorry. I don't know. 不好意思,我不知道。
I'm not sure. Maybe 6. 我不确定,大概是6点,

8. Where can I get my cap and gown? 我到哪里领学士服和帽子呢?
自己想办法:
You can have them made or rent them. 你可以定做也可以租。

我也不知道:
I don't know. We'd better turn to the advisor for help. 我也不知道,我们最好找辅导员帮忙。

♦ cap n.(大学师生在特别场合戴的)方帽
♦ gown n. (大学生在特别仪式上穿的)长袍

Graduation and Prom Conversation 对话

Kevin: Finally! I'm done with this semester! 
凯文:终于完了!我终于过完这个学期了! 

Julie: Woohoo! It's been quite a ride. 
朱莉:啊!真像一段旅行。

Kevin: Yeah,it has, but this so good to be done with.
凯文:是啊,没错,但是结束了感觉真好。

Julie: I know what you mean; I can't wait to finally take a break!
朱莉:我明白你的意思。终于可以休息了,我都等不及了。

Kevin: Well, we can't slack off too much; we have a few more semesters to go.
凯文:噢,我们不能太放松,还有更多的学期没过呢。

Julie: (laughs) That's true! Don't bring me down now, though!
朱莉:(笑)没错!但是现在别泼我冷水!

Kevin: Alright, alright. I won't!
凯文:好吧,好吧。我不会的!

Julie: Hey, do you want to grab some food to celebrate?
朱莉:嗨,你想随便去吃点东西庆祝一下吗?

Kevin:I'd love to. Want to go on the bar after? 
凯文:想啊。。之后想再去酒吧吗?

Julie: Sounds good to me!
朱莉:正合我意!

♦ slack off 松懈,懈怠
♦ grab vt.(又是匆忙地)取,拿,吃

Leave a Comment