1008 月光族

 

Paycheck to Paycheck 月光族

1. I really need this next paycheck or I won't be able to make rent. 我盼望下一次的工资,否则我就交不起房租了。

同样的说法:

• I'm going to be unable to pay my rent if I don't get paid soon. 如果再不发工资我就要交不起房租了。 

放心吧,一定会好起来的:

I'm sure you'll be fine. 我肯定你会好起来的。

♦ make rent 付房租

2. Could I borrow some money? 能借我些钱吗?

能借点儿钱吗: 
Is it okay if I borrow some money? I really need it. 借我点钱行吗? 我确实需要。 
I'm desperate for some money. Could I borrow Some? 我急需要钱, 能借我一点吗? 

可以,不过虽然是朋友也得还啊: 
Sure, but you have to pay me back. 当然可以,但你得还我。 

我没钱: 
No, don't have any to give! 不,我没钱借给你!

♦ be desperate for 渴望得到
3. I'm scared I'll have to take out a second mortgage. 我好害怕我得又得做第二个抵押贷款了。

又要还贷款了:
I might have to file for a second mortgage. 我可能要申请第二个按揭贷款了。 

不要太悲观啊: 
Don't worry. It won't get that bad. 别担心,不会那么糟的。

♦ take out 提出
♦ file for 申请

5. If I don't find a new job I won't be able to keep up with my money. 如果我找不到新的工作,我的钱可能就不够用了。

换种说法:
I'm not going to be able to keep up with my spending if I don't get a second job. 如果我找不到第二份工作,我的钱就不够花了。 

别担心,我来帮你: 
I'll see if I can find anything for you. 我看看能不能帮你找到。

♦ keep up with 跟上

5. I'm afraid l'll have to take a payday loan out to make ends meet. 我恐怕得弄一个发薪日贷款来保持收支平衡了。

收支不相抵
I don't think I'm going to be able to make ends meet. 我觉得我没法做到收支平衡。 但也不要太担心啊:

I help you out. Don't worry. 我会帮你的,别担心。 

♦ payday n. 发薪日,支付日
♦ make ends meet 量入为出,收支相抵

6. If this raise doesn't come through, I won't have money for food! 如果这次提薪没有通过,我连吃饭的钱都没有了!
没钱吃饭了: 
I can't even afford to eat this week! 这周我连吃饭的钱都没有了! 

过来找我就有饭吃了: 
Why don't you come over? I make you dinner. 你为什么不过来? 我请你吃饭。 

♦ come through 经历,安然度过

Paycheck to Paycheck Conversation 对话

Kevin: Debra, can l talk to you for a second? 
凯文:黛布拉,能跟你谈谈吗? 

Debra: Sure, what's up? 
黛布拉:当然,什么事? 

Kevin: Debra, where do you get all of your money from?
凯文:桑布拉,你的钱都是怎么来的?

Debra. Well, from my job, obviously. 
黛布拉:很显然是我工作挣的。

Kevin: Oh, alright, I was just curious.
凯文:哦,好吧,我只是好奇。

Debra: Why did you ask me that? 
黛布拉:你为什么问我那个? 

Kevin: Well, it seems like you've been spending all your money on stuff you don't need.
凯文:哦,你好像经常把钱花在买一些你不需要的东西上面。

Debra: Well sure, but it's my money. 
黛布拉:嗯,好吧,但那是我的钱。 

Kevin: I just don't want to see you get into debt. That's all.
凯文:我只是不想看你欠债。仅此而已。

Debra:I guess you're right. Maybe I should look into budgeting things a little better. 
黛布拉:我想你是对的。或许我应该多关注下一些使宜的东西。

Leave a Comment