302 家

Home 家

1. It’s good to be back.
回家真好。

如果家门前静悄悄
Anybody home? 有人在家吗?

还是家的感觉好,赶紧扔一下情:
Home, sweet home. 家,甜蜜的家啊。

家里人欢迎你:
Kevin, welcome back! 凯文,欢迎回家!
Hey buddy, good to see you again. 嘿,伙计,又见到你了真好。

2. This place is exactly the same.
这地方正是原来的样子。

这里永远是你的家:
Of course it’s the same. This place will always be your home.
当然还是原来的样子, 这里永远都是你的家。

3. Wow, this place has changed a little.
哇,这地方有点儿改变哦。

给予解释:
We did a little remodeling while you were gone. 你走后我们做了点儿翻修。
Don’t worry, it hasn’t changed too much. 别担心,改变不大。

♦ remodel vt. 改建,翻修

4. Do Have any chores that need done?

有什么家务需要我做的吗?

或者简单一点问:
Do I need to do any chores? 我需要做什么家务吗?

家里人也会体贴你的:
You do have some chores, but get some sleep first. 你是有些家务活要做, 但还是先睡会儿觉吧。
chore n. 家庭杂务, 家务琐事

5. I hope I don’t have that many chores yet. I’m sleepy. 
我真希望没有那么多家务活, 我好困。

家里人也会尽力帮你做:
I’ll tell your brother to do some chores for you. 我让你弟弟帮你做些家务。
I’ll help you out with them in case you’re too tired. 如果你太累的话我来帮你做吧。

但总是抱怨的话可不会有人来帮你啦:
You just have a few chores. They’re nothing to groan about. 你就那一点点家务活, 没什么好抱怨的。
♦ groan  vi. 抱怨

6. I need a drink. I forget where the cups are…
我要喝杯水,我忘了杯子在哪里了。

如果忘了具体在什么地方:
Are the cups in the right or left cabinet? I can’t remember. 杯子是在右边的柜还是左边的呢? 我不记得了。

主动给人提供一个:
I get a cup for you. 我给你拿个杯子。
很惊讶竟然忘了:
You forgot?! They’re right here. 你忘了?!就在这儿啊。
指明具体位置:
They’re in the left cabinet. 在左边的橱柜里。

♦ cabinet n. 橱柜

7. Can I just put my bags here?
我能把包放在这儿吗?

或者问一下别的地方:
Should I put my bags somewhere else? 我该把包放在别的地方吗?

包可以随便放,只要记得就行:
Sure, but don’t forget about them there. 当然可以,但别忘了把它们放那儿了。
You could take them up to your room if you want. 如果你想的话,
也可以把包放到你自己的房间。

8. I can’t wait to be in my room again.
我都等不及要进我的房间了。

还可以说:
I missed my room。我想念我的房间。

那可是你自己的天地:
Go have Some time to yourself, if you want. 如果你想的话就尽情享受吧。

9. Do you know where the remote to my TV is?
你知道我的电视遥控器在哪儿吗?

找不到遥控器:
I can’t find the remote.我找不到遥控器了。

对方知道在哪儿:
Yeah. I put it in the living room. 我把它放在客厅了。
It’s in the living room with the other remotes. 和其它遥控器一样都在客厅里。

♦ remote (remot) n. 遥控器

Home Conversation

Kevin: Hey, I’m home!
凯文:嘿,我回家了!
Dad: Welcome back, bud. Get something to drink and come over here!
爸爸:欢迎回来,伙计。拿点喝的东西到这儿来。

Kevin: I think I’m just going to head up to my room. Sorry, dad.
凯文:我就想去我的房间。抱歉,爸爸。

Dad: Why don’t you come into the den and watch the football game with me?
爸爸:你干嘛不来小房间和我一起看足球比赛呢?
Kevin: Nah, I’m really tired. I want to take a quick nap first.
凯文:不,我真的累了。我想先小睡一会儿。
Dad: Fine, but I won’t let you miss the whole thing!
爸爸:好吧,但我不会让你错过整个比赛的!
Kevin: When should I wake up?
凯文: 我该什么时候醒呢?
Dad: Oh don’t worry about that. I’ll be sure to come pounding on your door before the game is over!
爸爸:哦,别担心这个。在比赛结束前我肯定会来敲你的门的。

Kevin: (laughs) Okay. Tell me what I miss when I wake up.
凯文:(笑)好吧,我醒来后告诉我错过的部分。

Dad: Will do.

爸爸:会的。

♦ head up 向……前进
♦ den 幽静小巧的私室(或书斋), 活动场所
♦ take a quick nap 小睡一会儿
♦ pound vi. (连续)猛击, (猛烈)鼓打

Leave a Comment