1205 出勤与迟到

 

Arriving at Work Late 出勤与迟到 

1. Crap! I'm going to be late for work. 天哪!我上班要迟到了。

要迟到啦:
Oh, no, I'm gonna be late!啊,不要啊,我要迟到了! 

♦ crap 天哪

2. We need to hurry up. 我们要快点儿。

心急如焚,担心迟到: 
Can we hurry up? It's getting late. 我们能不能快点?要迟到了。
Hurry up, or we'll be late. 快一点儿,不然我们就迟到了。

3. I can't be late for work. 我上班不能迟到。

上班不能迟到,后果很严重: 
I can't be late for work again. 我不能再迟到了。 
If I'm late again, I get fired! 如果我再迟到我就会被开除了。 

只能安慰一下同时加快速度: 
Well. Let's hurry up! 噢,咱们快点儿吧。

4. What happens if I'm late? 我要是迟到了会怎么样呢?
What will happen if i'm late for work? 如果我上班迟到了会怎么样呢? 

迟到或许会被开除: - 
You'll probably get fired. 你可能会被开除。

5. I may be late for work tomorrow. 明天上班我可能会晚到一会儿。

提前告知自己可能迟到:
I have an appointment tomorrow. I might be late for work. 明天我有个约会,上班可能会晚到一会儿。 

表示理解,谢谢告知:
That's fine. Thanks for letting me know. 好的,谢谢你告诉我。

6. My bus was late so I am late for work. 公共汽车来迟了,所以我迟到了。

可能是个借口: 
I was late because I didn't catch the bus. 我迟到是因为我没有赶上公交车。

7. My car broke down. 我的车抛锚了。

车子出问题导致迟到:
My car ran out of gas on the way to work. I had to push it to a gas station. 我的车走到半路没油了,我只好把车推到加油站。


♦ break down 发生故障
♦ run out of sth. 用光,耗尽

8. I was only late by five minutes. 我只迟到了5分钟。

还好只迟到了5分钟: 
I was only five minutes late. 我只迟到了5分钟。
 
Arriving at Work Late Conversation 对话

Kevin: Oh, no! I'm gonna be late! 
凯文:哦,不!我要迟到了!

Debra: Well, hurry up and get ready! 
黛布拉:噢,快点儿准备好!

Kevin: I can't! I need to stop at the post office.
凯文:不行啊!我要在邮局停一下。

Debra: Well, what will happen if you're late? 
黛布拉:哦,你要迟到了会怎么样? 

Kevin: I could get fired! 
凯文:可能会被开除。

Debra: Just forget about the post office, then.
黛布拉:那就别想什么邮局了。

Kevin: I can't! I need to mail out this package. I'm screwed! 
凯文:不行啊,我要等这个包裹。我都搞砸了。

Debra: Well, taking about isn't going to help. Let's go.
黛布拉:噢,说这些没用。咱们走吧。

Kevin: You're right.
凯文:你说的对。

♦ screwed adj. 搞砸的

Leave a Comment