Enjoying Single 享受单身 1. Being single is great. I'm not tied down to a relationship. 单身真好。我是不会谈恋爱的。
我喜欢自由,我喜欢单身:
I love being single. I have so much freedom. 我喜欢单身,我有很多自由。
Being single is awesome; it's relieving after a bad relationship. 单身真好,结束一段不开心的恋情后,轻松多了。
It's a huge relief to be single again. 重回单身是一种很大的解脱。
恭喜你获得自由了:
I'm glad you're taking the break-up well, man. 哥们儿,你分手处理得很好,我感到很高兴。
是啊,确实还是单身好些:
I agree, being single is amazing. 我同意,单身的感觉太棒了。
单身会孤单吗:
Don't you get lonely at all, though? 但单身你不觉得孤独吗?
be tied down to...被......束缚住,拴住
2. I used to enjoy being single, but I've been lonely lately. 我以前挺喜欢单身的,但最近感觉挺孤单的。
不要孤单,要恋爱:
Being single is cool for a while, but I miss being in a relationship. 单身一段时间感觉挺好,但我挺想念恋爱的时候。
I’ve been getting pretty lonely lately. I kind of wish I had a girlfriend. 我最近感到特别孤单。有点希望我有个女朋友。
那就试着约会吧:
You could try dating Someone again. 你可以再试着约会。
找谁呢?有合适的对象么:
Is there someone that you re interested in? 你现在有中意的对象吗?
Aren’t you interested in anybody? 你对谁感兴趣呢?
3. I think I’ll go out to the bar tonight. Maybe i’ll meet some new people. 我想我晚上要去酒吧。在那可能会遇到新朋友。
恢复单身的自由:
I want to meet some new people. I’ll go to the bar. 我想认识些新朋友。我要去酒吧。
The bar is a good place to meet some new people. I’ll go there tonight. 酒吧是认识新朋友的一个好去处。我今天晚上要去那里。
今晚就行动:
Maybe I could go out tonight, to meet new people. 或许我今天晚上能出去见一些新朋友。
表示支持提议:
Sounds good to me. 听起来不错。
美好的祝愿:
Have fun!玩得开心点!
Good luck, man. I hope you meet someone! 祝你好运,伙计。希望你能遇到新朋友!
我也要去:
I’ll come with you. 我跟你一起去。
4. Being single gives me all the freedom I need. I can hang out with my boys anytime like。 单身给了我所想要的自由。我可以随时 和我的兄弟们一起玩。
重回单身,终于不用被人管了:
Now that I do not need to report to my girlfriend, I feel all better. 现在我不用向女朋友报告了,我感觉太好了。
Being single feels like I'm on the top of the world.单身感觉简直太好了。
be on the top of the world 非常兴奋
Enjoying Single Conversation 对话
Kevin: Man, I'm tired of being single.
凯文:哥们儿,我厌倦单身了。
Steve: Why don't you go out more often?
史蒂夫:你为什么不经常出去走走?
Kevin: I don't know. I'm just not feeling motivated lately, I guess.
凯文:我不知道,我只是最近感觉没什么激情。
Steve: Maybe you should try out one of those online dating sites.
史蒂夫:也许你可以试试网上约会的网站。
Kevin: I thought only creepy people joined those.
凯文:我觉得只有那些古怪的家伙才参加哪些。
Steve: Nah, I don't think so. a lot of average guys sign up for that stuff. I think there are a few free ones, too.
史蒂夫:不,我不这么认为。一般很多人注册这种网站。我想那里面也会有一些免费的。
Kevin: Do you think I could find a girl through that?
凯文:你觉得我通过那个能找到女朋友吗?
Steve: Maybe, but you could at least get some practice talking to girls.
史蒂夫:有可能,但是至少你能练习一下如何与女孩们交流。
Kevin: Sure, I guess. And after I'm on the site for a while, I could do a speed dating program.
凯文:嗯,我想是的,而且等我熟悉了网站之后,也许我就能火速约会了。
Steve: No. Only creepy people go to those.
史蒂夫:别啊,只有古怪的家伙才这么做。
Kevin: (laughs) Whatever, man
凯文:(笑)无所谓啦,伙计。
♦ motivated adj.有动机的,有目的的,有积极性的
♦ creepy adj. 毛骨悚然的,古怪的
♦ sign up for 登记注册