606 建议与忠告

Suggestion and Persuasion 建议与忠告

1. I want to suggest something to you. 
我想建议你一些事情。

给你些建议:
Can I suggest something? 我能提些建议吗?
Could I suggest something to you? 我能建议你一些事情吗?
Can I offer you some advice? 我能向你提些建议吗?
Let me give you a piece of advice. 我给你条建议。
I want to suggest something. 我想建议一些事情。

你说吧:
What is it? 是什么?
What kind of suggestion? 什么建议?
Okay. What's up? 好的,怎么了?

2. You should go with me. It will be a lot of fun.
你应该和我一起去,会很好玩的。

我建议你去:
It will be a lot of fun if you go with me. 如果你和我一起去会很好玩的。
Go with me! It will be more fun if you do. 如果你去了会更有趣的。
Please go with me. 1 promise it will be fun. 和我去吧,我保证会很好玩的。
I promise it will be a lot of fun if you go. 如果你去的话,我保证会很有趣的。
不确定:

I don't know. 我不知道。

应该行吧:
Are you sure? I guess I can go. 你确定?我想我能去。

好吧,被你说服了:
Sure, I'll go. 好的,我去。

3. You should buy it. What harm could it do? 
你应该买。这样做有什么坏处呢?

建议某人买东西:
Go ahead and buy it. It's not like it will do any harm. 去买吧,这又不会有什么坏处。
There's no ham in buying it. Go for it. 买了它又不会有坏处,去吧。
Just buy it, I's no big deal. 买吧,没什么大不了的。

接受建议:
I guess you're right. 我想你是对的。

直接拒绝,
No, I don't want to. 不,我不想。

犹豫不決:
I should think about it more first. 我得先好好想想。

♦ go for it 努力争取,加油

4. If you don't do it, you might regret it later. 
你如果不做,过后你可能会后悔的。

建议某人做某事:
You might regret it later if you don't do it. 你如果不做,过后你可能会后悔的。
Do you want to regret it later if you don't? You should do it. 如果不做,你想后悔吗?你应该去做。
You could regret it if you don't. Just do it. 你如果不做会后悔的。做吧。

犹豫中:
Maybe. I'm still not sure. 也许吧,我还是不确定。

对,做吧,过了这个村就没有这个店了:
That's true. I don't want to regret it. 没错,我不想后悔。

5. It couldn't hurt. You should at least try. 
不会有什么事儿的,至少你应该试试看。

你至少该试一下吧:
Trying won't hurt anything. 试一下又不会有什么事。
Just try. It couldn't hurt. 只是试一下,不会有伤害的。
Why not try again? 为什么不再试一下呢?
You should at least try. It's not like it would hurt anything. 至少你应该试一下,又不会有什么伤害。

接受提议:
I hope you're right. 我希望你是对的。

还是担心:
But i'm afraid that it will. 但是我害怕会有。

拒绝提议:
I don't want to try. 我不想试。

6. Why not go for it? 
为什么不努力去做呢?

给予建议的另外一种方式:
Why not? 为什么不呢?
Why wouldn't you go for it? 你为什么不努力去做呢?

还没确定:
Because I don't know if I want to. 因为我不知道我是否想做。

终于醒悟了:
You're right I should . 你说得对,我应该去做。
Suggestion and Persuasion Conversation 对话

Kevin: Mom really wait to buy that Nissan I was looking at.
凯文:妈妈,我真的想买我看的那辆尼桑。

Mom: Kevin, we've already discussed this. I said no.
妈妈:凯文,我们已经讨论过这件事了,我说不行。

Kevin: You shouldn't be so against it. It's my money.
凯文:你不应该那么反对,这是我的钱。

Mom: Those cars are too expensive. You should save your money for something else.
妈妈:那些车太贵了。你应该把钱省下来用在其他的事情上。

Kevin: I earned that money. I worked really hard to save it up. I should have the right to do with it what I want.
凯文:那钱是我挣的,我努力工作节省下来的,我应该有权利做我想做的事。

Mom: You can do what you want with it. I just think it would be a waste.
妈妈:你可以拿它做你想做的事,我只是觉得这是浪费。

Kevin: You get to buy the unnecessary things too.
You get makeup and clothes all the time.
凯文:你也买不必要的东西。你总是买化妆品和衣服。


Mom: Well...I guess you're right.
妈妈:好吧......我想你说得没错。

Kevin: So can l please get the car I want? 
凯文:那我能买那辆车吗?

Mom: Okay. You've convinced me, Just be responsible with it.
妈妈:好的,你说服我了。只要你对其负责就行。

Kevin: I promise I will be extremely responsible with my new car. Thanks mom, I'm glad we came to an agreement.
凯文:我保证我会对我的新车非常负责的。谢谢妈妈,我很高兴我们达成一致了。

♦ unnecessary adj. 不需要的,不必要的
♦ makeup n 化妆品
♦ convince vt. 使信服,说服
♦ responsible adj. 需负责任的,承担责任的

Leave a Comment