Sure thing. 好的。
♦ cheese stick 起司条,千酪条
♦ appetizer n. 开胃菜,开胃的食物
♦ chicken finger
7. I'd like to order the salmon.
我想点三文鱼。
点自己想吃的食物:
Hi, I'd like the steak. 嗨,我要牛排。
I'd like the pasta. 我要意大利面。
Could I get the double cheeseburger? 给我来个双层芝士汉堡好吗?
回答:
Alright. 好的
♦ salmon n. 三文鱼,鲑鱼,大马哈鱼
♦ pasta n. 意大利面,北大利通心粉
♦ double cheeseburger 双层芝士汉堡
8. Could get that without meat?
给我来那个,不加肉好吗?
有特殊说明:
I'm a vegetarian. Could I get this dish without meat? 我是素食者,这个菜不加肉好吗?
饭店一般都会满足你的要求:
No problem. We serve tofu as a substitute. 没问题,我们用豆腐代替。
♦ vegetarian n. 素食者
♦ tofu n. 豆腐
♦ substitute n. 代替物,代用品
9. Could I let this Cooked medium rare?
这个给我来三分熟的好吗?
牛排的吃法:
I'd like a steak, but could I get that well done? 我想要牛排,但是我想要全熟的,行吗?
服务员会根据你的要求做:
Sure. 好的。
medium rare 三分熟的,适中偏生的
well done 全熟
【补充】餐馆的牛排一般有如下几种:rare 一分熟,medium rare 三分熟, medium 五分熟,medium well 七分熟,well done 全熟
10. For dessert, Could I have a piece of pie?
餐后甜食,能给我来张馅饼吗?
根据自己的喜好点甜点:
Could I let a chocolate cookie for dessert? 给我来份巧克力曲奇作为甜点,好吗?
Could get Some ice cream after my meal? 饭后请给我来些冰淇淋,好吗?
回答:
No problem. Coming right up. 没问题,马上就上来。
♦ dessert n. 甜点心,餐后甜点
♦ chocolate cookie 巧克力曲奇
♦ right up 马上,立刻
Ordering Food Conversation 对话
Kevin: What looks good to you?
凯文:你看点什么好啊?
Debra: Well, the ribs sound good, but they’re pretty expensive.
黛布拉:哦,听说排骨不错,但就是太贵了。
Kevin: Hmm, what about the grilled chicken?
凯文:嗯,这烧鸡怎么样?
Debra: Still a bit out of my price range
黛布拉:还是有点儿超出了我的价格范围。
Kevin: You’re such a bum!
凯文:你真是个小气鬼!
Debra: I think I’l just get a burger.
黛布拉:我想我就来个汉堡吧。
Kevin: Alright. I think I want the fried fish and chips.
凯文:好吧。我想要炸鱼和薯条。
Debra: Ugh, that’s gross, dude!
黛布拉:啊,这太恶心了,老兄!
Kevin: Well, it’s better than a burger!
嗯,总比汉堡好!
(They both laugh)
两人都笑了。
Waitress: What can I get for you?
服务员:你们要点什么?
Kevin: Could I have the fish and chips, please?
凯文:请给我来份炸鱼和薯条。
Waitress: And for you?
服务员,你呢?
Debra: Could I get a burger?
旅布拉:我要个汉堡。
Waitress: Alright. Thank you very much!
服务员:好的。多谢你们!
♦ rib rib n. 排骨,肋条
♦ grilled chicken 烧鸡
♦ range n. 范围
♦ bum n. 流浪乞丐,小气鬼(美国俚语)
♦ gross n. 恶心的