808 宿舍花絮

 

Dorm 宿舍花絮

1. Where are the dorm buildings? 宿舍楼在哪里?

宿舍楼在哪里:
I'm curious about where the dorm buildings are. 我想知道宿舍楼在哪里。

指明方向:
They're right down the road. 沿着这条路走就行。

2. Do you know what room I was assigned? 你知道我被分到哪个房间了吗?

礼貌询问:
Could you tell me what room I'm in? 你能告诉我我在哪个房间吗?

热心回答:
Sure, 253. 当然,你在253号。

3. I hope my roommate is nice. 我希望我的室友好相处。
有个好室友是件幸事:
Hopefully I get along with my roommate.希望我能和室友相处得好。

和室友相处不好很麻烦:
Yeah, that can be a disaster. 是啊,这可能是个大麻烦。

4. I want to change the room. 我想换寝室。

直接问做法:
What do I need to do to change the room? 换寝室需要做些什么?

给出建议:
I think you just need to talk to the RA. 我觉得你只要告诉宿舍管理员就可以了。

♦ RA = Resident Assistant 宿舍管理员

5. Who is Our RA?谁是我们的宿舍管理员?

具体哪个楼层:
Who's the RA on this floor? 谁是这一层的宿舍管理员?

我也不确定:
I'm not sure. Let's go check。我不清楚,咱们去核实一下吧。

♦ go do 在口语中可以这样用,可以不加to。

6. Which bunk do you want? 你想要哪个铺位?

这时候不要客气,选自己喜欢的:
I want the one by the door. 我想要挨着门的那个。
The bottom bunk by the window. 接着窗户的下铺。

无所谓:
Anyone is OK. 哪个都行。

bunk [bank] n. 架式床铺、铺位

7. How many people are there in your dorm? 你们宿舍几个人?
具体回答:
Four including me. 包括我一共四个人。
Three now. But a new student is going to move in next week. 现在三个,但是下周一位新同学会搬进来。

8. How much do you pay for the accommodation each year? 你每年要交多少钱的住宿费?

可以直接回答:
Maybe 500 dollars for a dorm like this. 像这样的宿舍大概是500美元。

可以概述:
It all depends. Different kinds of dorms have different charges. 视情況而定。不同的宿舍收费不同。

♦ accommodation n. 住处,膳宿

Dorm Conversation 对话

Kevin: So you live in the dorm? 
凯文:你住在宿舍?

Julie: Yeah , just moved in this semester.
朱莉:是啊,我这学期刚搬进去。

Kevin: How is that working out for you? 
凯文:你感觉住宿舍怎么样?

Julie: It's pretty good; it's hard to adjust to it though.
朱莉:很不错,只是很难适应。

Kevin: I know what you mean. I can't be easy to go from a house to a small room.
凯文:我明白你的意思。从一座房子换到一个小房间不容易。

Julie: It isn't, but it's also nice to be out of your own。
朱莉:是不容易,但是搬出自己的房子也不错。

Kevin: How's your roommate?
凯文:你的室友怎么样?

Julie: She's nice. We're pretty different but I think it keeps things interesting
朱莉:她很好。我们有很大差异,但是我认为差异让事情变得有趣。

Kevin: Well, at least you're positive.
凯文:噢至少你很乐观。
Julie: Yeah, I think I have to be or I would never make it here!
朱莉:是啊,我想我必须这样,要不然我也来不了这里。

♦ work out 产生结果
♦ make it 成功

Leave a Comment