804 在图书馆

 

At the Library 在图书馆

1. Could you help me checking out a book? 你能帮我借本书吗?

询问别人借书:
Could you help me with checking a book out? 你能帮我借本书吗?
Do you know how to check out a book? 你知道怎么借书吗?

提供帮助:
Sure, let me help you。当然可以,我来帮你。

♦ check out (从图书馆)借书

2. Can you order 1984 for me? 你能帮我预定《1984》吗?

换种说法:
I'm looking for Animal Farm. Could I place an order? 我在找《动物庄园》。我能预定一本吗?

参考回答:
Sure. Could I see your ID? 好的。我能看一下你的借阅证吗?
No problem. 没问题。

3. Where can find the Biographies? 我在哪儿能找到传记类图?

找其他的书:
Where is the Fiction section? 小说区在哪儿?
I'm looking for books on health care. 我在找医疗保健方面的书。
根据实际情况回答:
Those are on the third floor. 在三楼。
You can find those on the top floor. 你可以在顶楼找到那些书。

♦ biography n. 传记

4. How do I get on the Internet? 我怎么上网?

在图书馆上网;
Can you get on the Internet in here? 在这儿能上网吗?
How do I log onto the internet?我怎么登录?

热心帮助:
I'll help you out. 我会帮你解决这个问题。

5. I have a late book what's the fee? 我有一本到期的书。应该交多少钱?

到期了,不会要罚款吧:
Is there a late fee on this? 这本书有过期罚款吗?
I kept this book out for a while. Is there a late fee? 这本书我多借了一段时间,有过期罚款吗?

遗憾地告诉你:
Yes, you owe 25 cents 是的,你欠 25 美分。

♦ late fee 滞纳金,过期罚款

6. What time does the library close? 图书馆几点关门?

不太确定的回答:
I think it's open until 5 o'clock. 我觉得是开到5点吧。
I am not sure. Maybe at 6. 我也不确定,或许是6点。

7. I can't find that book in the stacks. 我在书库里找不到那本书。

你可以提出建议;
You could probably get it through inter-library loan. 或许你能通过馆际互借拿到这本书。
Maybe you have to buy one. 或许你只能买一本了。

♦ the Stacks (图书馆藏伏用频率较低的)书库
♦ inter-library loan 你际互借,是图书馆之间根据协议,互相利用对方形藏来满足本馆读者需求,开展馆际合作的一种形式。

8. Have you checked in the catalog under author and title? 你查过作者和书名目录了吗?

根据实际情况有不同的回答:
Yeah. I know where to find the book that I want. 是啊。我知道去哪找我要的那本书。
No. I forgot L. 没有,我忘了。

♦ catalog n. 目录

At the Library Conversation 对话

Kevin: Could you explain to me how to check out a book at the library?
凯文:你能跟我解释一下怎么从图书馆借书吗?

Clerk: Sure, but take the book that you wish to check out to the counter. 
管理员:当然可以,只要把你想借的书拿到柜台来就可以了。

Kevin: Oh, and they just scan it for you?
凯文:噢,他们就给扫描?

Clerk: Yep, they'll take care of the rest. All you need is an ID.
管理员:是的,他们会处理剩下的事情。你只需要身份证明。

Kevin: Will my driver's license work?
凯文: 驾驶执照可以吗?

Clerk: Well, what I mean by ID is a library ID.
管理员:噢,我说的身份证是图书馆的借阅证。

Kevin: How do I get one of those?
凯文:我怎么办理借阅证呢?

Clerk: Well, I can sell one to you. They're only ten dollars.
管理员:噢,我可以卖一张给你,只要10 美元。

Kevin: That seems fair, I suppose, Here you go.
凯文:我觉得好像很公道。给你钱。 

Clerk: And here you are. Thank you very much!
管理员:给你,多谢!

Kevin: Thank you!
凯文:谢谢你。

Leave a Comment