706 耐心与不耐烦

 

Patient and Impatient 耐心与不耐烦

1. I’m willing to wait. 我愿意等。

愿意等待还有以下几种说法:
I’m okay with waiting. 我等一下没关系。
Waiting isn’t so bad. 等一下不是那么糟糕的事。
Waiting is okay. 等一下没关系。

并不是每个人都愿意等:
I can’t stand waiting. 我可受不了等待。

那就一起等吧:
Yeah, I’m pretty patient too. 是的,我也很有耐心的。

♦ be willing to 乐意,愿意
♦ patient adj. 有耐心的,能忍受的

2. You just have to be patient. 你得有点儿耐心。

还可以这样劝别人要有耐心:
You need to learn some patience. 你需要学着耐心点儿。
All you need is some patience. 你所需要的是耐心。
Being patient is all you need. 耐心是你所需要的。

接受对方的意见:
I guess you're right. 我想你是对的。
I'll try to be more patient. 我会尽量更有耐心的。

有点儿不甘心啊:
I've been waiting for so long, though. 可是,我已经等了很长时间了。

3. All it needs is a little more time. 所需要的只是多一点时间。

同样的说法:
I just needs some more time. 所需要的只是多一点时间。
It needs a little more time. That's all. 需要的只是多一点时间,就这些。

确实不耐烦了:
But you said that a while ago! 可你刚才就说过了!
You'd better be telling me the truth. 你最好告诉我真实情况。
Hope you're right. 我希望你是对的。

♦ a while ago 刚才,方才

4. There's a time for everything. 事情要一件一件地来。

做事情不能急:
One step at a time. 一步一步来。
Things will work out in the end. 事情最终都会解决的。
Everything will work itself out. 每件事情都会得到解决的。
Everything will fall into place. 事情该怎样,就会怎样。
Everything will come out right in the end, just you wait and see. 你就等着瞧吧,一切最终都会顺利解决。

站着说话不腰疼:
That's easy to say. 说起来容易。

♦ fall into place 落实,有条不紊

5. I don't want to wait anymore. 我不想再等了。

真没有耐心了:
I Don't want to wait any longer. 我不想再等了。
I'm sick of waiting around. 我讨厌空等。
I'm tired of waiting. 我讨厌等待。
等等看吧:
Be a little more patient. 有点儿耐心吧。
Just hold your horses. 不要着急,耐心一点。

等待是件很烦人的事儿:
Me too! I'm sick of waiting. 我也是!我讨厌等待。

♦ wait around 呆呆地等,空等

6. I want results now. 我现在就需要结果。

以下的表达稍微复杂点儿;
I want something to happen right now. 我现在就希望一些事情发生。
I need some results now. 我现在就需要结果。
I really want results right now. 我现在就想要结果。

无可奈何啊:
I'm sorry I can't help you. 对不起,我帮不了你。

对,不能再拖了:
I agree. I've tried being patient, but this is taking forever. 我同意,我是想有耐心,但这就永远拖下去了。

Patient and Impatient Conversation 对话

Kevin:Damn, I can't get cellphone service. 
凯文:该死,我手机没信号。

Debra: So? Who do you need to call. 
黛布拉:怎么了?你需要给谁打电吗?

Kevin: I need to call my mom soon to tell her I won't be home until late.
凯文:我要给我妈打个电话,告诉她我要晚点儿回家。

Debra: Try to point your phone up.
黛布拉:把手机尽量举高点。

Kevin: Still not working. I need to call her as soon as possible!
凯文:还是不行。我需要尽快给她打电话。

Debra: Here, let's walk forward a little.
黛布拉:咱们再往前走一点儿。

Kevin: Wait, I have a bar! Gah, it just went away!
凯文:等等,有一格信号了!......啊,又没了!
Debra: Do you just wanna use my cellphone? I think I have service here.
黛布拉:你要用我的手机吗?我想我的手机在这里有信号。

Kevin: Yes, please.
凯文:好的。

Debra: Okay, here you go. The service isn't too great, but it should work.

黛布拉:好的,给你。信号不是很好,但应该可以用。

Kevin: That's fine. I just need to talk to her for a second. Thanks.

凯文:好的,我就跟她说一会儿。谢谢。

♦ cellphone n. 手机,携带式移动电话
♦ walk forward 向前走
♦ have a bar 有一格信号(特指)
♦ go away 消失

Leave a Comment