704 乐观与悲观

 

Optimistic and Pessimistic 乐观与悲观 1. Things will go alright. 事情都会好的。 安慰悲观的人或自我安慰: Everything will be alright. 一切都会好的。 It will be okay. 会好的。 It will work out. 会解决的 无奈的希望: I hope so. 希望如此吧。 积极乐观的态度很好: I’m glad you feel that way. 我很高兴你能这么想。 2. I think I will succeed. 我想我会成功的。 对自己充满信心: Think I’ll do well. 我想我会做得很好的。 I believe in myself. 我相信我自己。 对方对你的自信很满意: I believe in you too. 我也相信你。 I’m glad that you are self-confident. 你很自信我很高兴。 That’s good to hear so. 很高兴听你这么说。 self-confident adj. 自信的
3. I'm confident we'll win this game. 我相信我们会赢得这场比赛的。

给自己打气:
I have faith in winning this game. 我有信心赢得这场比赛的。
I'm sure we can win this game. 我肯定我们能赢得这场比赛。

提醒过于乐观的人:
First catch your hare then Cook him. 先抓到兔子再煮吧。/不要过于乐观。

hare n. 野兔,兔子

4. I hope things will go better. 我希望事情会变得更好。

赶紧学一下这些同类的表达,丰富一下你的口语:
I really hope things go okay. 我真的希望事情变好。
I hope things get better soon. 我希望事情很快会变得更好。
I'm hopeful that things will change. 我希望事情会改变。

对乐观的态度给予肯定:
I'm sure they will. 我相信会的。
Yeah, things are bound to get better. 是啊,事情一定会变得更好的。

♦ be bound to 必然,一定

5. I don't think that's going to work. 我觉得那行不通。

还没做自己就先泄气了:
I really don't think that will work. 我真的不认为那会行得通。
That's not going to work out. 那行不通的。
That's not very good idea.那可不是个好主意。

反对悲观的想法:
Why not? I think it will be fine. 为什么?我觉得会好的。

也许事实确实如此吧:
I agree. it's not going to work. 我同意,是行不通的。

态度很模糊;
I'm not sure either. 我也不确定。

6. It never works out right. 绝不会起作用的。
悲观的人总是抱有悲观的想法:
Things never go my way.事情从没按我的思路发展。
Nothing ever works out. 没什么事情会解决的。
Things never work out for me. 对我来说事情绝不会解决的。

也只能安慰一下了:
Don't say that. Things will be okay. 别那么说,事情会好的。
That's sad. You shouldn't think like that. 那很让人难过啊,你不应该那么想。
This will work out right, don't worry. 这会解决的,别担心。

Optimistic and Pessimistic Conversation 对话

Kevin: My interview went really well today 
凱文:我今天的面试进展得很顺利。

Mom: Did it?
妈妈:是吗?

Kevin: Yeah. I think I'm going to get hired.
凯文:是啊,我想我肯定会被录用的。

Mom: That's great, honey. I hope you do.
妈妈:那太好了,宝贝儿。我希望你被录用。

Kevin: Me too. They Said I was one of the best people they've interviewed so far. 
凯文:我也是。他们说到目前为止我是他们面试过的最好的人选之一。

Mom: I bet you'll get the job!
妈妈:我肯定你会得到那份工作的!

Kevin: I'm going to go call Steve and tell him.
凯文:我给史蒂夫打个电话,告诉他一声。

Mom: Yeah, I bet he'd be happy to hear that it went well.
妈妈:是啊,我肯定他听到面试顺利也会很高兴的。

Kevin: Definitely
凯文:那肯定的。

Mom: I'll go tell your father too!
妈妈:我也去告诉你爸爸!

Kevin: Okay, mom
凯文:好的,妈妈。

Leave a Comment