305 花销储蓄

Spending and Saving Money 花销储蓄

1. Hey. I want to pick up some groceries. Can I have a little money?
嘿,我想挑些食品杂货。你能给我点钱吗?

或者需要借钱买:
Can I borrow some money to get some groceries?
我能借点钱去买些食品杂货吗?

买东西也要按计划行事啦:
Okay. Here's a list of what we need, too. 好的,这是一张单子,上面列出了我们所需要的东西。
Sure, but don't get too much. 好的,但是别买太多了。
Here you go. Just don't buy all the name brands. 给你吧,别都买名牌就行。

♦ grocery n. 食品,杂货(其复数是 groceries)
♦ name brand 名牌

2. I'll only get stuff that's on sale. 
我只买特价商品。

除了特价的还可以去折扣店:
I'll just go to bargain shop. 我只去折扣店。

是的,太贵的东西不实惠:
Yeah, don't splurge on the expensive food. 是的,别在那么贵的食物上挥霍。

♦ on sale 廉价出售,贱价抛售

♦ splurge vi. 挥霍金钱,舍得花钱

3. Can I take your calculator?
我能用你的计算器?

有谁随身携带计算器图:
I'll take your calculator to help me out, if that's okay. 如果可以的话,我想用你的计算器帮帮我。
Where is your calculator? I'll take it with. 你的计算器呢?我要用一下。

有的话可以借用一下:
Here's the calculator. Keep it turned off so you don't waste the battery. 给你计算器。不用的时候就关了,那样就不浪费电池了。


♦ calculator n. 计算器
♦ battery n. 电池,蓄电池

4. I forgot how to figure out better deals. Can you show me Quick?
我忘了怎么计算出更好的折扣了。你能快速给我演示一下吗?

瞧美国人的精明劲儿:
Will you show me how to calculate the prices? I forget. 你能给我演示怎么计算价格吗?我忘了。

临时抱佛脚:
Can we review over the math I need to do to get the better deal? 咱们能复习一下数学吗?我需要计算出更好的折扣。

各有绝招:
Okay, get me a piece of paper. 给我张纸吧。
It's easy. Give me the calculator and I'll show you. 很容易的。给我计算器我给你演示。

5. Excuse me, sir. Can I get the price of this? The sticker is worn off.
打扰一下,先生。我能以这个价买吗?商标都已经磨损了。

或者还可以说:
Hey, the sticker seems to be worn off of this. Can you tell me the pnce? 嘿,这价格标签好像磨损了。你能告诉我价格吗?

很热情的回答:

Sure thing Let me Scan that for you. 当然可以,我来给你扫一下。

♦ sticker n. 标签
♦ be worn off 磨损,磨破

6. Could you please tell me if both of these are on sale? 
你能告诉我这两个都打折销售吗?

或者还可以说:
Are both of these items on sale? 这两样东西都打折吗?
Excuse me. I see one of these things are on sale, but are both? 打扰一下,我看见这些东西当中有些打折,但两种都打折吗?

可根据实际情况回答:
Yes, both of them are on sale. 是的,都打折销售。
No, sorry. Only the one kind is on sale. 不,抱歉,只有一种打折。

7. I can't find the store-brand of this. Can you show me where it is?
我找不到这个品牌。你能告诉我在哪里吗?

或者还可以说:
Can you please help me find where the store-brand is? 你能帮我找到这个品牌的东西在哪里吗?

如果想找便宜点的东西:
I don't want to get the expensive brand. Is there a cheaper brand of this item somewhere?我不想买贵的品牌。这东西在哪里有更便宜的牌子吗?

可根据实际情况回答:
Sure, I think it's right over here. 当然有,我想就在这儿了。
Sorry, we only carry that brand. 抱歉,我们只有这牌子的。
The cheaper brand should be in Aisle 8. We might be out of it. 便宜点的品牌应该在8号过道,我们可能没有了。

♦ store-brand (为某一店特制的)商品上印制的商店标志

8. I Have Some Coupons to use, too. 
我还有些优惠券用。

以下几种说法也同样适用:

Here, I have a few Coupons for those items. 嘿,我有几张哪些商品的优惠券。
Here are some coupons I have. 我这有些优惠券。

如果优惠券还能用:
Okay, let me add these. 好的,我来加上这些。

万一过期了:
Oh, I'm Sorry, but these are expired. 哦,不好意思,这些都过期了。

♦ coupon n. 赠券,减价优惠券

9. I have a store discount card. 
我有张商场打折卡。

更明确的表达:
Here's my discount card. 这是我的打折卡。

接受之人会表达谢意:
Alright, thank you. 好的,谢谢。

收银员可能会说:
Sorry sir. We stopped taking these cards. 抱歉,先生。我们已经停止用这些卡了。

10. I really need to save for school. 
我真的需要为上学攒钱了。

需要攒钱的理由各种各样:
I need to save up for that concern. 我需要为那场音乐会攒钱。
My loan needs to be paid off. 我的贷款需要还了。
Can we start saving for a vacation? 我们要开始为度假攒钱了吗?
I'm saving money for when I have kids. 考虑到要小孩,我现在正在攒钱。

♦ save up 储蓄,贮存

11. I want to go to see that band but I need to save money. 
我想去看哪个乐队的演出,但我需要存钱。

类似这种句型的表达:

I want my kids to have the best so I’m saving money. 我想让我的孩子生活得最好,所以我在存钱。
I would love to go on vacation but I need to save first. 我很想去度假,但我需要先攒钱。

Spending and Saving Money Conversation 对话

Kevin: Excuse me, I wasn’t sure if it was on sale or not.
凯文:打扰一下,我不确定它是否特价销售。

Cashier: Was there a sign or sticker on it?
收银员:上面有标志或标签吗?

Kevin: There was a sign for the one kind, but this one is a bit different and I didn’t know if it was included.
凯文:一种有标志,但这种有点儿不同,我不知道是不是包括在內。

Cashier: Hold on. Let me check.
收银员:等等,我看看。

Kevin: Alright.

凯文:好的。

Cashier: Yup, this is on sale. Sorry about the confusion.

收银员:是的这个是特价销售的。不好意思弄混了。
Kevin: Okay, thank you, I’ll take it then.
凯文:没事,谢谢你。那我还是买了吧。

Cashier: Your total is $36.74

收银员:总共是36.74美元。
Kevin: Thank you. Have a nice day.
凯文:谢谢你, 祝你愉快.
Cashier. Thanks. You too.

♦ confusion n. 混乱,混淆

Leave a Comment