3.4 过去将来时
表示过去的某时以后将要发生的动作。但这个”将来”时间绝不会延伸到―现在‖;而仅限于―过去时间区域内‖。由此可以看出,含这个时态的句子常带一个表示―过去某个时间点‖的状语。这个状语或是一个短语,或是一个句子。这个时态常用于:
1)宾语从句或间接引语中;
2)表示过去习惯性的动作;
3)表示过去情况中的―愿望‖、―倾向‖,多用于否定句。
1) When I thought about it , I wondered what their reaction would be .
当我考虑这件事时,我想知道他们的反应是什么。
She told me that she would go on trip to Europe the next day.
她告诉我,她第二天要去欧洲旅行。
He didn’t expect that we would all be there.
他没料到我们会全在那儿。
2) During that period , he would do morning-exercises every day.
在那段时间,他每天早锻炼。
Whenever he had time, he would help his mother with some housework.
无论他什么时间有空,他总是帮他妈妈干点家务活。
3) No matter how difficult the work was , he would keep on doing it until he accomplished it .
不管工作有多难,他总会坚持不懈地把它干完。
They knew that we would never permit such a thing.
他们知道我们绝不会允许发生这样的事。
Even after the lecture ended, the audience would not leave .
甚至在讲座结束之后,听众仍不肯离去。
过去将来时基本结构 过去将来时由would, was/were going to, was/were to was/were about to等加动词原形构成, 也可由was/were on the point of加动名词构成。
I knew you would agree. 我知道你会同意的。
I said I would arrange everything. 我说我来安排一切。