106 问路指路

Directions Inquiry 问路指路

1. I'm looking for the bus stop, can you help me?
我在找公交车站, 你能帮我个忙吗?

请人帮忙还可以说:
Could you help me find the bus stop? 你能帮我找到公交车站吗?

如果对方知道的话会乐意给你指路:
Sure, it's right down this way. 好的,沿着这条路走下去就行。

如果对方也是这里的陌生人:
I'm sorry. I'm new around here, too. 对不起,我也不熟悉这儿。
I don't know either. 我也不知道。

2. Where is the car rental company?
租车公司在哪里?

如果想找停车位:
I need to pick up my car, where is the rental place? 我要把车开出来,哪里有出租停车位的?

指出大致方向:
I think it's a couple streets away, go left and then right.我想有几条街远吧, 往左走然后向右转。

rental adj. 租赁(业)的;供出租的
3. Where's a good place to get some lunch?
有什么吃午餐的好地方吗?

向熟悉的人:
I'm starving, where can I get lunch? 我饿了,有吃午餐的地方吗?

对方会就近给你建议:
Try the sandwich shop across the street! 试试街对面的那家三明治店。
starving adj. 挨饿的,饥饿的

4. I need directions to Time Square.
我想知道去时代广场的方向。

还可以这样问路:
Could you direct me to the Empire State Building? 你能告诉我帝国大厦怎么走吗?

对方对此很熟悉:
Sure, just follow the signs that start down this street. 好的,只要循着这条街上的标志物走就行。

♦ Time Square 时代广场
♦ the Empire State Building 帝国大厦

5. Where is the cheapest parking around here?
这附近最便宜的停车场在哪里?

以下两种表达也不错哦:
Im looking for cheap parking, can you help me? 我在找便宜的停车场,你能帮帮我吗?
Could you help me find a good place to park around here? 你能帮我在这附近找个停车的地方吗?

很模糊的回答:
Yeah, there's a lot down the street. 好的,这条街有很多。

♦ parking parking n.停车处
6. Excuse me, but I'm lost.
对不起,我迷路了。

不知道自己所处的位置:
I don't know where I am. 我不知道我在哪儿。
Where am 1? 我在哪儿呢?

如果在地图上找不到你的位置:
Where am I on this map? 我在地图上的什么地方?

对方会在地图上给你指出来:
You're right here, the Time Square. 你在这儿,时代广场附近。

7. Is it far? 
到那儿远吗?

还可以具体点:
is it far from here?离这儿远吗?
Will it take long? 要多长时间?

可根据具体情况回答:
Not far. 不远。
It's not far. 不远。
It's not far at all. 一点儿也不远。
It's not that far. 不太远。

还可告知大约的时间:
About five minutes. 差不多5分钟吧。

Directions Inquiry Conversation 对话

Kevin: Excuse me. Do you know where Time Square is?
凯文:打扰一下,你知道时代广场在哪里吗?

Stranger: Oh yeah. It's five blocks from here going that way.
陌生人:哦,知道,从那条路走,离这里有五个街区。

Kevin: Thanks. Sorry the flight got me feeling a little jet-lagged
凯文:谢谢。抱歉, 这飞机坐得我感觉有点儿时差综合症了。
Stranger. Oh, it's no problem, happens to the best of us.
陌生人:哦,这不是什么问题, 我们大家都会这样的。

Kevin: I'm sorry, but where's the bus station?
凯文:抱歉,公交车站在哪儿?

Stranger: Right across the plaza, but the bus won't be here for another 30 minutes.

陌生人:就在广场对面,但是这公交车要再过半小时才能到这里。

Kevin: Oh okay. Maybe I'll see some sights. Is there anything nearby worth seeing?
凯文:哦,好的。也许我会看看风景。这附近有什么可看的吗?

Stranger: Yeah, the Rockefeller Christmas tree is always worth a gander.
陌生人:有啊,洛克菲勒圣诞树一直都是值得看的。

Kevin: Cool, and where is that?
凯文: 太好了,那在哪儿呢?
Stranger: Right across the street behind the skating rink.
陌生人:就在街对面的滑冰场后面。

block n. 街区
jet-lagged jet lagged adj. 飞行后感觉疲劳的
happens to the best of us 我们大家都会这样的,我们大家都有这样的感觉
plaza n. 广场, 购指中心
gander n. 一眼,一瞥
skating rink 滑冰场, 溜冰场

Leave a Comment